Please take a moment to read the following policy to learn how we handle your personal data. Use of our services and Website will indicate acceptance of its content.
What personal data we collect, how and why
Personal data collected by the MSE may include
- Personal details such as name, Id Card / Passport / Tax No, Nationality, Telephone / Mobile ,email, residential address
- Other details attributed to securities held at the Central Securities Depository (CSD) including bank account details for credit of Income payments.
- Corporate contact details of companies and their representatives providing services to the MSE including Names, emails and telephone / mobile numbers.
The MSE collects personal data in the following ways
The MSE collect personal data from its Members acting on behalf of the subject person, Issuers of securities held at the CSD and their legal representatives or directly from the subject person at its offices or through the Website.
The MSE collects personal data for any or all of the following purposes:
- The nature of the MSE’s business is principally that of operating a securities exchange, a central securities depository and other related services. As a data controller, the Exchange collects and processes your personal data to provide you with related services, to provide you with convenient access to our service and possibly to improve such services available to you in the future and to ensure that legal and regulatory obligations are being met.
- The MSE also processes personal data about the holders of shares, bonds and other securities on behalf of listed companies and other issuers. In doing so, the MSE acts as a data processor for the said issuers who, as data controllers, are determining the purpose and means of the processing of personal data. For this purpose, the MSE regularly provides issuers with copies of the personal data collected and processed by the MSE in accordance with their determined purposes as aforesaid.
- The MSE also processes personal data for it to provide access to restricted areas of the Website and also for providing information related to this service.
- Through the Website or other means users give consent to receive information from the MSE by providing a valid email. Users may always choose to unsubscribe to such emails through the appropriate link in the email.
- The MSE may also process personal data from its business contacts for the purpose of legitimate interests.
- For security reasons we may record or capture images of visitors and public in general through CCTV recordings from public areas and the surroundings. We also may record personal data related to visitors who require to access secure areas of the premises.
Types of cookies used on our website
- Strictly necessary cookies – These are essential to navigate around the Website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without them the website may not function properly.
- Functional cookies – These allow the Website to remember preferences you selected when last visiting the Website.
Sharing of personal data
As a policy the MSE will not disclose or give access to your personal data to anyone other than its authorised employees and any other person authorised by the MSE that needs access to your data for the MSE to provide you with its services. As a holder of securities your data is passed on to the issuer of the securities held by you. Furthermore, as a user of MSE services, your data may have to be disclosed to judicial, administrative or regulatory authorities in accordance with the relevant applicable legislation.
Safeguarding your personal data
The MSE safeguards the security of the data you send us with physical, electronic and administrative procedures. Please note that we cannot guarantee that any data transmission over the Internet is completely secure. Accordingly, we encourage you to take every precaution to protect your personal data when you are on the Internet.
Your data may be transferred and stored at third parties including countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA). We will make sure that they have the appropriate level of protection.
Right of access to your personal data and retention of information
You always have access to the information we hold about you. If you are a central securities depository account owner you can review your personal details by accessing your e-portfolio account through https://eportfolio.borzamalta.com.mt. Alternatively you can contact the MSE. (Please see the contact details at the bottom of this policy). You also have the right to have any inaccurate information corrected and where applicable, erased.
Personal data will only be processed until it is needed to satisfy the purpose for which it was collected or consent withdrawn. However, data required to satisfy judicial, administrative or regulatory authorities will be held for the periods stipulated in the respective Acts and other relevant legislation.
The MSE’s internal commitment to privacy
- To make sure your personal data remains confidential we communicate these privacy guidelines to every employee of the MSE.
- The MSE’s website may, from time to time, contain links to other sites. The MSE does not share your personal data with those websites and is not responsible for their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy policies of any such company.
- Should the MSE be going to use your personal data differently from that stated at the time of collection, you will be informed accordingly.
- Email: [email protected]
- Address: Garrison Chapel, Castille Place, Valletta VLT 1063, MALTA
- Telephone: +356 21244051
If you are unhappy with regards to our processing of your personal data you may contact our data protection officer. You may also lodge a complaint with the Office of the Information and Data Commissioner on [email protected]